Thursday, January 13, 2011

Working At Maccas On Thursday Nights

Girl With An Addiction had a pretty full-on night at work...


Firstly work is selling Wollongong Hawkes basketballs... All the funds go toward the QLD Flood Victims. They're $5 each, which isn't much, so you should buy one. It's for a good cause, and could save someone's life.


Today, an old man came in and ordered him and his wife some food. They're regulars, so they come in pretty much every day... Today the man was wearing a shirt that said, "My other shirt is on your girlfriend." 


Now if you know me, imagine my reaction....


It was so difficult to keep a straight face, because it was just so odd to see a lovely little old man wearing such a shirt! But still, I served him, and twas all good.


Later on when it was kind of busy I shut down the computer system.


Seriously. The registers, all the screen throughout the restaurant, even drive-through, and the ones that show what food needs to be cooked... 


So pretty much, we couldn't do anything for about 5 minutes...


LUCKILY *cue the epic hero music* the register next to me seemed to be the only one working, so one of the other girls served, while my store manager frantically tried to get everything up and running again... 


About half an hour later a big family came in: Grandparents, mother and 2 kids. The mother had never been to Maccas before, and so she didn't know what came in a happy meal, or what types of drinks there were etc... So, I spent 5 minutes giving her ideas on what drink to get for her daughter and son... They eventually settled on Fruit Fizz (one of THE BEST drinks EVAR!!!). But by then the store manager had already put about 3 drinks on the counter, so he was running back and forth over and again...


I bet they wanted me back working today!! 


So yeah, my night of epic fails continued, and as always, epically failed... 


And now I don't work for another 5 days... Time to rejuvenate and get my game on! :D


Have fun shutting down whole store computer systems... 


Girl With An Addiction
xoxo =P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of my blog/post.
Honesty is the best policy =)