Friday, January 14, 2011

Bad Luck

Girl With An Addiction had physio for the first time ever today.


Ever.


Now, for me, that's a pretty big deal when you look at the number of times I've injured myself...


Over the past two years I've been in the emergency room about seven times, so much so that I'm now practically a regular. I've had a CT Scan on my brain, dropped a metal gate on my foot, had a bookshelf fall onto my ankles, have been susceptible to Appendicitis, and almost stayed overnight due to reasons I would rather not mention here... If you're lucky, ask me in person.


So I suppose you would say that the last two years have been horrible for me.


Now, I don't even know whether this is good or bad news... Still undecided. But I went to a physio today, for my back... He talked to me about where the pain was, all that stuff. Then he put some electric pad things onto certain areas on my back. They basically felt like little pins and needles, supposedly to help. I got to control the power of them, luckily... I don't think I'd want to be around Mother-dearest if she had them... :P Then he put some heat-packs on them for about a quarter of an hour... I nearly fell asleep, it was so nice... :)


Then we took them off, and talked some more. I have to do three exercises a day; two stretching ones, and a strengthening one...


This is where I'm unsure as to believe whether this is good or bad:


I'm very good at reading people, and I know physiotherapists can't exactly diagnose anything, but he kept saying how there are young people my age who've had problems like mine, but it's not common (usually there's only a one in 50-60 people who will have the same or similar issues). 


I have a feeling that this may be a life-long issue.


I'm a little worried now.


I have three appointments next week, and he didn't really seem to enthusiastic about me getting better anytime soon. 


The main issue with this injury, is that it's effecting my whole spine, basically from the lower of my right hip upwards. I can walk, but it hurts. And I can't sit, stand or be in the same position for very long... YAY!


I guess the best thing I can do right now, is stay positive. :)


Support and prayers would be much appreciated... Just sayin' :P


Girl With An Addiction
xoxo =P

2 comments:

  1. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 -

    we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;

    thought this may apply a bit?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you thought of my blog/post.
Honesty is the best policy =)