Monday, January 10, 2011

Almost Perfect

Richard Dutton and The So & So's
Girl With An Addiction had an almost perfect morning...


I woke up at 5:30am to go to my grandparent's (my mum works near where they live, and so she drops me off there sometimes). I personally think that if anyone is going to get up that early, then they're mad... But I know people who do and, because I'm nice, I'll accept your weird liking of early mornings... :P


So off we went...


As we drove up Mt. Ousley, it started sprinkling. Mother-dearest then decided that we needed to listen to a bit of Richard Dutton and The So & So's. Now, if you haven't heard them, you need to. It's that simple. The band originated in Manchester, in 2009, after hearing that the awesome Richard Dutton needed a band in order to play live. Jay Bardsley, former bassman of Daddysmilk, got in touch with Richard, and soon joined the musician after a drummer, a "lass from Stretford," Zara Finnigan, had joined him.


Richard Dutton and The So & So's then just took off... Read more on their website, http://richardduttonmusic.co.uk/


Richard Dutton's voice is amazing. I swear, it's the equivalent to melted chocolate for me (at least, that's how I see it...:P). Their music is kind of alternative rock, mixed with jazz, with a big touch of blues. My whole music taste is changing just by listening to them, which I love. And their lead guitarist, Jay Bardsley, (or Jaybo, as I call him), is an awesome guy! I kinda see him as an older brother... :)


So anyways, we were listening to Richard Dutton and The So & So's, as it was sprinkling. It was just one of those really amazing times... And then, I look out the window, and see a rainbow. Like, a massive, bright rainbow. I've been having a bit of a tough time over the past few weeks, and haven't been very confident in anything really. To put it simply, I was doubting myself, a friend, and God. And so just seeing this beautiful rainbow reminded me that everything's going to be okay, and that God knows what He's doing, because He loves us. So, I'm happy, and a bit more confident, because I'm not going to give up... :)


And then, after I saw the rainbow, there was a blanket of fog. Literally, a blanket of fog. It was so cool beans! I love fog, and rain, and so when you put them together, it was pretty epic.


When I finally got to my grandparents, I fell asleep with Brooke Fraser's "Something In The Water" running through my head... So I'm gonna go listen to that about now... 


Rainbow.
This photo is pretty epic... 
That was my almost perfect morning. I haven't had many almost-perfect mornings lately, so it was nice to have one again... :)


Hope you all have a fantastic-balismical day, smiling, and Don't Give Up.


:)


God Bless,


Girl With An Addiction
xoxo =P

2 comments:

  1. Genesis 9:12-17

    12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

    17 So God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth.”

    God is pretty amazing, isn't He? tehe :D
    And what's fantastic is that you've got His word written in your heart, to comfort you and support you. ☺
    I'm glad you had a good morning =] even despite your doubts.

    http://www.technochitlins.com/archives/rainbow_elam_2.jpg
    I don't know if this is real, I hope it is =] Either way, you'll probably like it =]

    Fight the Good Fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my favourite passages... Thanks you :)

    God is great, continuing to help me through my tough/down times.. Tis good.

    Thanks for your encouragment and support, it means so much. The photo is... absolutely stunning, I love it :)

    I'm glad God gave me an almost-perfect morning today, it was just what I needed... :)

    Keep on smiling =]

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you thought of my blog/post.
Honesty is the best policy =)