Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mothers... They DO Try!

Girl With An Addiction is writing to you =)

Ok so, this morning I woke up to find my dod jumping and barking at me because she wanted to get up. Next my phone starts rimging. I answer to find out that I am supposed to be sleeping in and taking a day of morning church. Thats ok, I get to teach year 4 aged kids about God next week, when Sondaze starts back. Then, I go to my Mum's room to find she is awake and playing with our other dog.


What happened next? She asks me to make her a cup of tea... AGAIN.


So I go out to the kitchen with her and she puts the kettle on. I say one sentence that ruins the whole morning:
"The kettles been really annoying lately, because it doesn't sit properly on the stand." She replies with the next sentence that really annoys and provokes me:
"Thats because people don't ever clean up around here." (Along those lines...)


What happened in the next half hour was a mass of yelling, swearing, screaming, tears and an unmade tea.


In the end, I was fed up with having to be a "personal slave" all the time and my parents not giving a crap about me. False. They do infact care.


I stayed in my room for about 2 more hours sleeping... or at least trying to.


When I got up, my mum gave me my mobile back (which she had taken off me, for God only knows why...) and I had a shower. When I got out, she asks me again, "Can you finish making my tea?"


This time, I did.


We havn't spoken about the drama since, but I'm glad. This may only happen a couple of times a month, if that, but when it does I feel shattered, and I'm fairly sure she does too when I hurl insults at her.


I'm glad we fought today. I've realised something huge. My mum gave up everything she had for me, at 16, so I wouldn't turn out like her and so I could have a good life and be happy. I feel so stupid as I write this, because you'd think a girl wouldn't need 15 years just to realise that her mother has done everything for her.


So, next time your mother asks you to do something and you don't want to, give her a break, she's done the best she can =)

Girl With An Addiction
xoxo =P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought of my blog/post.
Honesty is the best policy =)